Monday, August 22, 2005

Animal Lover

This weekend I went to see Coldplay in concert. What an awesome show! I've been a big fan for a while, and this was the first time I got to see them live, and oh man I was not dissappointed!! Chris Martin is a consumate showman, able to crack jokes, improvise all the while singing with enormous passion...for example, the band messed up the first few bars of a song and had to stop. Chris laughingly comes up to the mic and jokes "Sorry sorry, we havent played this one in a while, we'll owe each of you 25 cents for that one!" The enormous energy the band gave off was amazing, and reflected in the outpouring of fan cheers all throuout the almost 2 hour concert. Great show!

On a DVD side note, I just saw My Neighbors The Yamadas from the infamous Studio Ghibli. So funny, so charming, so beautiful! The animation style is so deceptively simple, yet elegant and pleasing to watch. I highly recommend that everyone see this one...

Here are some more story session sketches, this time a disgruntled girl and a small furry creature....

6 Comments:

Blogger Osgood McSonogram said...

Oh please oh please don't let Wayne kill that squirrel!

8/22/2005 10:24 PM  
Blogger Justin Ridge said...

What did the small furry creatures do to them?? Cool sketches!

8/22/2005 11:18 PM  
Blogger Dik Pose said...

Cool sketches Garrett...where do you get to do narrative life drawing?

8/22/2005 11:42 PM  
Blogger Eren said...

I saw Coldplay too! And I saw My Neighbors the Yamadas too! What a coincidence....we should be friends!

Cool sketches! The disgruntled girl reminds me of someone I know...

8/23/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

Hey i went to the coldplay concert as well! I saw them at shoreline amp in California, they had awesome visuals!!

awesome sketches! I love it!

9/04/2005 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog thanks for posting this information.

1/31/2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home